UPDATE: It was confirmed today that they will have 2 crews working on our project on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. The water could be shut off as early as 7:30am.
Also please help us spread the word about this project. Thank You
Key items to know:
– You might want to store water for drinking, cooking, flushing toilets etc ASAP so you have a backup in case the water is shut off to your home. Even water stored in your bathtub can be used for toilets.
– The targeted homes are listed in the documents at the link below but there is a possibility of this area could become larger if there is a problem shutting down the water lines in that area.
– We don’t know the amount of time to perform the repair but we think it will be 1 day.
– Once the water turned back on a boil water notice will be issued for a number of days.
– There are a number of tests that are performed after the repair to make sure the water is safe to use and allow us to cancel the boil water notice.
– A boil water notice will be taken to each home that is affected by the water shut down.
– Check your front door area for the notice. Additional information will be posted on the blog too.
– We also recommend shutting off the water valve on the water supply pipe in your basement if water is shut off to your home. This will help to keep air from entering the water system.
– Once the water is back on to your home it is suggested to turn on an outside water for at least 30 minutes to help in flushing out the system.
In the Fall of 2019 we gave notice that 3 fire hydrants in the neighborhood needed to be replaced. This has been delayed many times now due to scheduling issues.
Updates will be posted here on our blog.
**This will require the water system to be shut down in the areas of the repairs. **
Here is the letter and map that was mailed out in the fall of 2019 (links below).