We are targeting the water system repair to take place on
Thursday, October 10, 2019.
We have a fire hydrant on Shrewsbury that needs to be replaced along with a bad isolation valve in the same area. The repair should take less than one day. Once the water is turned back on, these homes will be under a boil water advisory until water samples are tested.
Key items to know:
- You might want to store water for drinking, cooking, flushing toilets etc ASAP so you have a backup in case the water is shut off to your home. Even water stored in your bathtub can be used for toilets.
- The targeted homes are on Shrewsbury but there is a possibility of this area could become larger if there is a problem shutting down the water lines in that area.
- We don’t know the amount of time to perform the repair but it is typically 1 day.
- Once the water turned back on a boil water notice will be issued for a number of days.
- There are a number of tests that are performed after the repair to make sure the water is safe to use and allow us to cancel the boil water notice.
- A boil water notice will be taken to each home that is affected by the water shut down. Check your front door area for the notice. Additional information will be posted on the blog too
- We also recommend shutting off the water valve on the water supply pipe in your basement if water is shut off to your home. This will help to keep air from entering the water system.
- Once the water is back on to your home it is suggested to turn on an outside water for at least 30 minutes to help in flushing out the system.